Position: Web Application Developer (Entry Level)
Division: Software Development
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Atrema Office, Sundance, Calgary, Alberta
Posting Closes: January 30, 2023
Atrema takes pride in employing experts in the field to provide exceptional support to our customers. At Atrema, we believe that technology is only one part of the equation. It takes the right people to turn it into something special for our clients. From email to websites, servers to software – our team makes it happen.
As our Software Developer, you’ll be responsible for writing, maintaining, and testing code for multiple custom software solutions developed by Atrema.
Software Development is one of Atrema’s three business units; and is focused on the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of customized web application solutions for business customers of various sizes.
- Collecting, understanding, and evaluating the needs of end users to determine requirements and improvements to custom software solutions and how they would be best implemented
- Producing fully functional programs writing clean, efficient, and testable code
- Integrating back-end data
- Creating intuitive and functional user interfaces
- Upgrading and repairing existing programs
- Suggesting new features to improve program navigation and operation
- Creating, maintaining, and following software/procedural documentation
- Escalating complex problems to senior roles as required and maintaining ownership of the task on behalf of the customer
- Working independently and as part of teams within the same location as well as remotely
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- A combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered
Experience with Angular, C#, .NET, MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and web application development
- Experience with NodeJS, RESTful web services, Service Fabric, and NgRx and/or Redux is considered an asset
- Knowledge of mobile web methods including responsive design is an asset
- Basic knowledge of SEO and improving web performance is an asset
- Willingness to learn and stay current with new and changing web technologies
- Ability to balance and manage multiple sources of information including verbal communication, individual email inbox and project specific tracking systems
- Prioritizing and managing multiple demands for several software projects at one time
- Efficient and self-motivated with a dedication to contributing to their team
- Diligent in planning actions and including a way back from potential problems that may arise
The most successful employees at Atrema are lifelong learners who have a strong desire to further their knowledge and stay current with ever-changing technologies. Atrema employees are open to being vulnerable and willing to fail.
If this opportunity aligns with your career objectives, please apply.