Position: Support Technician I
Division: IT Support
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posting Closes: when suitable candidate found
Atrema takes pride in employing experts in the field to provide exceptional support to our customers. At Atrema, we believe that technology is only one part of the equation. It takes the right people to turn it into something special for our clients. From email to websites, servers to software – our team makes it happen.
IT Support is one of Atrema’s three business units; and is focused on the implementation, delivery and ongoing support of customized network and desktop computing solutions for business customers of various sizes.
As the Support Technician I, you’ll be responsible for the assembly, deployment, and ongoing support of desktop computing and server solutions utilized by Atrema. You will also be responsible for the creation and support of email and web solutions. This role requires the Support Technician to provide phone and email support to our customers after-hours on a rotation basis with other members of the team.
1. Server & Desktop Support
- Receive and organize computer and server parts from various vendors
- Create and maintain accurate inventory records of all materials
- Assemble desktop computers and servers
- Install and configure operating system and application software
- Prepare and deliver equipment packages to customers
- Interface with Software vendors on customer’s behalf for maintenance and troubleshooting
- Configure and maintain Active Directory user accounts
2. Hosting Support
- Manage and track email accounts issued to customers on several platforms
- Create webhosting accounts
- Authenticate users requesting access to systems
3. Systems Monitoring
- Review logs and reports from several types of system monitoring programs
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- A combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered
- Previous helpdesk experience will be considered an asset
- Experience working with computer hardware components
- Experience with cPanel and IIS
- Experience with IceWarp, Exchange, Office 365, GMail and MailEnable
- Experience working with server and networking components (assembling servers, configuring switches and routers) will be considered an asset
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Willingness to learn and stay current with new and changing web technologies
- Ability to balance and manage multiple sources of information including verbal communication, individual email inbox and project specific tracking systems
- Prioritizing and managing multiple demands for several software projects at one time
- Efficient and self-motivated with a dedication to contributing to their team
- Diligent in planning actions and including a way back from potential problems that may arise
Atrema offers a competitive compensation package including health and dental benefits, health spending account, group RRSP plan and more. Other benefits include free onsite parking, business casual atmosphere, and hybrid work environment.
The most successful employees at Atrema are lifelong learners who have a strong desire to further their knowledge and stay current with ever-changing technologies. Atrema employees are open to being vulnerable and willing to fail.
If this opportunity aligns with your career objectives, please apply.