A managed It service provider is an independent company central to your IT strategy. Usually, this is done by agreeing to a service level agreement that defines metrics and standards.
In today’s hyper-competitive world, managed services extend well beyond the help-desk and include all IT functions. Even those that traditionally were in-house. These would include the IT road-map & strategy, budgeting, planning, security etc.
Over time the role of managed services evolved beyond simple outsourcing. Client expectations today include strategy and road-map directions. In essence a virtual chief information officer (VCIO)
What are some of the core managed services?
- Design and architecture of vital information systems
- Network design & support
- Business continuity and disaster prevention /recovery
- Help desk
- On-site tech support
- Cloud services
- Remote monitoring of servers, key network components
- Expert management of servers and connected peripherals (printers, switches, routers etc.)
- Cyber-security- Intrusion prevention and detection
- Ability to design and code custom applications
- Design and implementation of secure remote access for remote workers
Is your business right for using a managed service Provider (MSP)
Typically, as most companies get to 15 seats and higher it becomes more difficult to administer the IT environment. The employee who handles multiple roles in the company is beginning to get overwhelmed and lacks the expertise that a seasoned MSP can provide. Additionally, strategic use of IT is essential to your business success.
Finding your perfect MSP.
- Develop a shortlist of vendors and have them submit either proposals or greater information about their services
- Check references.
- Look closely at their depth of expertise. Are they limited to just one technology?
- Most import though is to determine if they are a good fit for your company’s culture. Do you feel comfortable with their executives and their tech team?
Atrema Technologies has been providing managed IT services in Alberta for over 13 years. Our customers range from small business through to multi-national corporations with global operations. We would be pleased to develop a customer proposal specific to your business. Contact us today to find out more about adding a MSP to your team and reaping the benefits.